Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Jacob's First Trip to the Temple

Kevin and I got to go with Jacob, Brandon, and Emily to the Frankfurt Temple on Saturday.  Jacob was so excited to go do baptisms by proxy for people who have died that did not get baptized while in this mortal life.  We believe that by offering this blessing by proxy, someone has the opportunity to accept the baptism, but does so of their free will and choice.  What a wonderful experience.  Some of the names that day where from 1600s.  That's a long time to wait to be baptized!!

Kevin was able to be the baptizer for all three kids.  For me as the Mom to stand and watch my family in this sacred ordinance, I feel so blessed!  I look forward to the day when I will be in the temple with Kevin and all four of our children.  I love how close I feel to my Heavenly Father there!

While in the temple, Kevin and I spent much time in thought about Ohio and both left with a very Peaceful calmness about our decision that we took to the Lord.  We prayed that our decision to accept the assignment to Ohio was the right one and we have only had Peace since.  So, there you go!

No comments: