As I said, I'm starting up my blog again. I hope to write in it at least every Sunday. Occasionally, I'll write more. Spring is a great time of renewal. I always feel like it's a New Beginning..probably even more so than at New Year. Seeing life bloom before my eyes is just refreshing.
As everyone knows by now, Kevin successfully completed his deployment to Iraq. We relocated to Steinbach am Glan, Germany (Ramstein Air Base), and have now been here almost 9 months. I hope to use my blog as a journal. It will be a place I can reflect and share. I will print off my posts each week and put them in my journal. I hope you enjoy visiting and keeping up with us. Please share your blog address (if yours isn't already on my "favorites" list) so I can keep up with your family as well. Facebook is great and all, but too brief to record much substance.
Since we just got home from England and had friends over on Easter, we didn't have time to do our eggs. Emily, Jacob, and Tyler colored eggs today. Brandon has decided he's just too old for it. Jacob is so creative. He tried to make an "Italy" egg by leaving the middle white and dipping the outer ends of an egg in red one end and green the other. It ALMOST worked!
Kevin is recuperating from deviated septum surgery so he's taking it easy today. We are on Season 1 of Smallville and spent some time today watching a few episodes. The kids got us hooked. Smallville is about Clark Kent before he becomes Superman.
20 years ago today I lost my father, who was only 52, to alcoholism. I've spent a lot of today remembering things I loved about him and also being sad at such a loss at an early age. What hit me the most is how I need to take better care of myself so I'm around for a long time for my kids. Again, back to "Starting Again". I'm back working out and eating better--This time for life.
Wish Me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good luck, Chelle :) I thought about you today when Mom mentioned your Dad today... I know he loves you and is so proud of what you've done with your life <3 You are truly blessed.
Glad to see you posting again. My, how those kids have grown!! Our blog is www.olsonclan@blogspot.com
love the dipping cups, shouldn't Jake have made a polish egg?
Keep it coming girl! I can't get enough. I miss you lots! Love, karen
Post a Comment